We recently made some changes to our AT&T BYOP plan help reduce network congestion and improve reliability. Effective March 1, 2013, NET10 Wireless Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP™) AT&T-compatible SIMs will be limited to 1.5GB of high speed data usage per 30 day period on the Unlimited plan.
What can you do with 1.5 GB?
You can do a lot with 1.5 GB. Take a look:
Think 1.5 GB might not be enough for you? There are lots of easy ways to manage your data so you can stay under 1.5 GB. Here are a few:
- Connect to WiFi whenever possible to avoid using data entirely. WiFi Finder can help you discover open WiFi networks.
- Close applications that are not in use (this can save your battery, too!)
- Turn off auto-updates for apps or change to update over WiFi only.
- Turn off automatic photo uploading or change the setting to upload on WiFi only.
- Turn off push “as items arrive” email. Instead, set email account to sync every hour or longer.
- Browse mobile friendly websites (full webpages use more data to view).
- Use apps that help you manage data! In Android 4.0 or later, you can set limits and alerts on your usage. Otherwise, you can download 3rd party apps for Android and iOS such as:
- Onavo – iOS/Android
- Data Usage - iOS
Is It Time To Switch?
If you’re still worried about your usage, we have good news for you:
We’re offering free SIM cards for customers who want to switch to a T-Mobile SIM.
With this SIM, your data policy will remain unchanged and unaffected. Anyone with a T-Mobile compatible phone or an unlocked phone operating on the 850 and 1900 MHz bands can switch.
Visit net10data.com to learn about more ways to save data usage and for additional details on this change.